View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Kat1313

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad to hear things are going well today Kat. Having a plan for life in general really helps, and especially for the initial stages of getting sober.

I get the shame/regrets too - that's totally normal to feel it for things we've done in the past. But the solution is of course not to dwell on it because you cannot change any of it. You CAN make choices today though that will show others that you are serious about recovery and improving your life - and I can guarantee that in the long run, most people will remember that more than the bad stuff.
Thank you, Scott. Perfect timing for your response too. I logged in just now hoping to read something that will give me hope that those feelings do pass eventually. I’m willing to do the hard work to make it happen. I’m smiling now as I’m writing back to you and keeping my head up high! If you have more things to share, suggestions that may help me get over those negative feelings today and in the future, I’m listening!!!! Every little bit helps me tremendously as I tend to get stuck on intrusive thoughts. God bless and thank you. Hope your day is going well.