Old 06-28-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
goodbyeevan

Cracked you up?!? I'd be like, you need to back up sir. I don't know how you feel about lying but I'd just say I'm on antibiotics and eat that whole dang pie. I'm kind of upset because that sounds BEYOND DELICIOUS.

Nightmares are a really awful thing to endure. I still lean on Tylenol pm occasionally just to have a hopefully dream less night. If I can't sleep when awoken from one I will come on here and browse the stickies again or "window" shop on Amazon. Sometimes I'll just go ahead and start my day. Take a shower to wash the bad dreams away.

I'm one chapter away from finishing my book. I am loving how it's wrapping up. I identify with so much of her story, it boggles my mind. It makes me wonder how many of us are all the same in certain ways. I do feel so disconnected right now with the world around me. I want to feel grounded and connected to my community but I don't at all. She talks about how difficult it was for the first few months, she would stay in a small closet in her NYC apartment to keep herself from going out. She also says how eventually there is a shift that happens, at least in her brain. Eventually alcohol becomes something you notice in the background but doesn't overwhelm you with want. No more craving or clawing (I prefer the term gnawing). Just a simple observation of its existence and nothing more. I cannot wait for that shift. I know I must always be vigilant and protective of my sobriety but I will be happy when I can go out and just be free from all the mental chains alcohol had on me. I can enjoy places without being bothered by the alcohol around me.

Anyways if anyone wants to read this, PM me and I will mail it to you. "Blackout: Remembering things I drank to Forget" by Sarah Hepola. Otherwise I'm going to put it on my sober IG for free.

Hope you're all having a lovely hope-filled night.