Old 06-28-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Thanks Dee, GBE. I’ve had many starts and stops with the drinking over the years but the nightmares were a first. I’m looking forward to them going away soon.

I just came back from my business dinner and all was well. Lots of people were ordering their dirty martinis and wine and I ordered club soda with cranberry. Only one guy asked why I wasn’t having my usual drink and I just said I need to cut out on my sugar and starch consumption and all alcohol is just way too much sugar.

The guy (a partner whom I know fairly well) then promptly told the waiter not to bring me any bread and to substitute my carrots with something else. And when the chocolate peanut butter mousse dessert was placed in front of me he reached over and took it away so as not to tempt me. LOL LOL. Cracked me up.

I fly home tomorrow afternoon and I’m so looking forward to being in my own house and in my own bed for a few days. I am out traveling again mid next week but that is to visit my mother for her birthday, so just personal travel.