Old 06-26-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
goodbyeevan

Originally Posted by birdie11 View Post
Thanks for the welcome back! Today is my new Day 1. There was nothing that happened exactly that triggered me to drink. It was just another round of the same old cravings that hit me back at around the 2 month point. Day after day, it just felt endless. I was just tired I guess of the effort of beating them back. Still, it would have gone away eventually. It was just dumb of me. Dumb, dumb, dumb. But I am back and I am committed to racking up those sober days again. I will hit 104 again, and more. I just keep thinking that I can be 6 months sober at Christmas. Anyway, I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a couple weeks so I won't be around, but I will be sober!
Long term sobriety is the goal and you've got it in your sights! I feel terrified when my sponsor talks about how she had 7 years and relapsed for 6 months. No thank you. Anything anyone tells me about a relapse I take to heart very seriously. Yay a sober Christmas sounds alright to me goodness, you're leaving for vacation too?!? Have a good trip, enjoy yourself and remember how much hangovers suck!