Old 06-26-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Plenny

Well good to see you back. I know how that goes. It’s a process and you’re tipping the scales in your favor.

Speaking of vacation, I just realized that I’ll be way up in the mountains and supposedly no internet or reception. I might be out of touch for a while. I just don’t want to make anyone worry if I am not around it’s going to be just about two weeks! Which to me is an eternity without checking in with you all. DJTM’s mom is sober, she was in AA for years. I am really thankful for her on these family trips. I feel like I have a teammate and I just have to remember this family is no stranger to alcoholism so my choices are not foreign and they rarely question my motives. They just know the struggle and have always been very accepting.

DJTM did come over last night, and I realized what a lightweight he is. Two regular strength beers and he’s silly and passing out. It was annoying. This might sound stupid but I’m just really glad he’s not guzzling huge amounts of booze like he used to. This morning I talked to him about being more supportive and not taking his crankiness out on me or shoving his drunkenness in my face. It’s triggering!!! I told him I need more support. We’ll see