View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I would be cautious of taking any sedatives (benzos, z-drugs like ambien) if one has a history of alcohol addiction. They are all cross addictive and cross tolerance develops, so I think the physical addiction can get triggered very easily. I would say just be very mindful that there is a risk, and make sure that any doctor you are working with knows that you have addiction issues, particularly with alcohol.

I think there is a more general issue with any psychoactive drugs. One may be able to take a substance that is not a DOC and has no physical link to addiction, yet just being in that "party space" could be very dangerous. That's a decision you have to make for yourself, I guess.
Yeah, I was already using edibles to deal with my frequent withdrawal from alcohol after my weekly benders, so I naturally just kept using it last time. I spent thousands on 8 weeks of outpatient rehab, using Mary Jane the whole time then the second I left iop I drank. This was in 2016.

It was like a frustrating high after I quit. Like I was high but it was the "wrong high.". Only alcohol would deliver the right one, so without doing any of the hard work of sobriety despite spending all that money, I drank again.

this time I vowed not to spend a dime, and I would do it with reality: no helpers, no drugs, just a strong and fierce desire to quit and be done forever.