View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
tekink

It's a life adjustment more than anything. Just because you don't do all the things you normally used to do doesn't mean those are the only social activities out there.

I didn't worry about any of this in my first year of sobriety, I kept it simple and just worried about not drinking alcohol. I figured I'd sort this out in the second year. Now that I'm in that second year I'm finding I've forgotten about what was even fun about sitting at a table in a bar for three hours or more and fun activities just present themselves to me.

Note "normal" people don't actually drink the day away on Sunday. If they are actually normal it's a once or twice a year thing tops and you are not missing out on much. Drinking Sunday away tends to be the people who are heavy drinkers.

I get it, I was a bar person. I've spent my entire adult life hanging out in one bar or another.

Normal people don't hang out in bars everyday, that's activity for drinking folks.

"Normal" people are doing other things like going outdoors, maybe rafting down a river, hiking, picnic in the park, movies or shows without booze. Comedy tends to be boozy that way people will laugh if it's not that funny.