View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
steve202020

Thank-you everyone for the replies, advice and information. I am still suffering from what happened last weekend and I have had a heart to heart (sober one) with my wife and we have made a few decisions.

We are probably going to separate for a while and see how things go. It's difficult because like I said, our lives are so entwined, and I am concerned about how this will effect our five year old daughter.

But as painful as this could end up being, giving up the alcohol is more important to me than anything right now. I need to get some momentum with it and circulate more with other non drinkers.

I am going to the doctors tomorrow and will ask about options including antabuse. I would like to try out AA but the problem is I live in a foreign country (my wife is Scandinavian) and don't speak the language well enough, and I'm not sure I would be able to get much out of the AA, and I can't expect them to speak English just for my benefit.

I'm also thinking about taking a week off to travel back to the UK soon to see my family, maybe get some advice from my Dad who has had to battle alcoholism all of his life and was much worse than me.

I'm going to keep reading posts on this site too, as it really helps to know that I'm not alone with this.

Thanks again, lets all stay sober