View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 01:16 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Viperidae

Hi! I thought I’d be remiss not to post. Does that make sense grammatically?

Anywho, the appointment with the new counselor was good. I’m set up again for next week. He’s got me pretty well pegged, and shares my philosophies on things. He had a couple ‘first visit diagnoses’ that were very interesting and really made sense and resonated with me. He did talk about himself and about unidentified other patients, which I found a bit off. But it wasn’t overwhelming and I think this guy has something to give me, especially in the drinking realm. 55 minutes goes by very fast, especially if the therapist is off on bull**** anecdotes. That better subside or I’ll need someone else. The good ones shut up and listen and then offer insight.

I think I can make it work. I have to for the sake of the booze. I also think the guy (therapist) is flexible in his style.

He said he sees 2 things off the bat with the drinking. Boredom Drinking, and I get a case of the “F*** It’s.” In other words I want to get out and do something because my “life is completely effing boring,” and I’ll just say, ‘you know what? F it. I’ve got nothing going for me.” Both are correct.

He also understands my weather related environmental condition and the fact that I don’t drink when I go somewhere else, warm, and have something to do. The thought doesn’t cross my mind. He said that’s a big deal and a big piece of this. .

Talk later my nephew is graduating in 2 hours, from high school.

V

Sorry about typos. Blame iPhone!