View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Hi Aprils

Just checking in to say a very late goodnight. I hope you are all well and sober and had a good Monday.
I had a great day, I went to a museum in Chester with my g.daughter's class, my first school voluntary work since March, we were researching the Romans. All the children dressed up in Roman army amour and marched to the ampitheatre where they staged battles, then back to the museum to research on how the Roman's lived and what they built. It was most interesting .

I'm glad you're family meeting went well Viper. Make the most of that beautiful weather you're having and send some over here please.

Hi Quitnow and I'm sorry you're struggling but please don't be disappointed in yourself, you're trying hard, it is hard, you had a slip but you came back and you are working on staying sober again and that's something to be proud of. Don't be so hard on yourself.
At the moment I'm just using S.R and sheer determination, I read everything I can here, the A.A stuff, I check the forums and I read a lot of posts and the blogs, especially the blogs from people who have been sober a long time. I post on the gratitude thread every night and the 24 hour thread, I also keep a journal of how I am, how I feel, etc. I'm very focused at the moment but I am also aware and on my guard in case that focus starts to slip, but if it does I will then seek further help. It is tough stuff, be it can be done. Just take it one day at a time. It's just for today.

Hi Nichole, sorry you slipped but I hope to see you back here pronto. xx

Thanks Donny boy. 95f, wow that's a bit hot, especially when you work outdoors, make sure you use plenty of sun protection,wear a hat and drink plenty of water. Good idea to start work very early and finish early in that heat. Your day of cycling sounds fun, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Oh Suze, crappy food, tell me about it. I promise myself every day that I am not going to eat rubbish and eat healthily, but no, I'm shoving all sorts of rubbish down my throat. Its GOT to stop. I've been saying it for weeks, but this week I AM joining a slimming club. Thankfully, I'm not too bad with shopping, though I suppose I could work on it, lol.

Hi Bluesey, sounds like you had quite a productive weekend.
Does your friend/ex have narcissistic traits by any chance? I've done a lot of research on narcissism and sociopath traits and that sounds a bit like what they call 'hoovering.' It is called hoovering because it is a situation where a person literally sucks someone back into a dysfunctional relationship once the victim found their way out. Google it and see what you think and if that's the case you will be so much better off without him in your life.
I'm sorry but I've got no experiences to share about boundaries in early sobriety as I'm still working on setting them so I'll be interested in any advice from anyone too.

Wow Strawberry, day 48, how awesome. How is your son? Is he home now? Nope, I haven't lost any weight unfortunately, that's my next mission. xx

I'm off to bed now. Back tomorrow. Much love to you all. xxx