View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 06:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

I'm a visitor from the F&F side.

People in your situation are usually advised to give it a year before making any big decisions about the relationship. The fact that he's abused you is a big, giant, red flag.

I don't know if you two were planning to have kids, so if what I'm saying is irrelevant forgive my spiel. I was physically abused as a child. My parents never knew about it, until I spilled the beans in college. It was our nanny who did it.

They never saw signs that she could be abusive, and she made sure that they never saw it. She stabbed us with needles, threw food in our face, and tore up our stuffed animals. None of these things left marks on us, which was whole entire point. I ended up getting suicidal for a spell and had a nervous breakdown in college. I now go to therapy to deal with the depression. My sister denied that this was actually abuse in the first place, hangs out with our abuser, and smokes pot like a chimney. Her daughters no longer live with her.

I would like to think that if my parents had a clue she would do this, they would have never had hired her in the first place. You have evidence that this guy, who could potentially be the father of your children, will turn to physical domination when the emotions get too much for him to handle. You have no idea what will happen. If you have a baby that's crying 24/7, how is he going to cope? If your child gets into an accident/is born with a disability, how will he handle the frustration?

Notice, I haven't even brought alcohol into the equation.