View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rich27

My 2 previous exes left me over name-calling drunk texting. I was never physical but I was verbal. I'd promised my ex I'd stop drinking after a disagreement we were having on New Years Eve (She called me by her exes nickname on two occasions), but my promise lasted two weeks.

For some reason I decided I could have a couple drinks with a friend then go home. Sure, I went home alright but I stopped off to pick up a 12 pack and bottle of wine on the way. After blacking out, I'd drunk texted my gf again bringing up the same issue that we were having on New Years Eve 2 weeks earlier. Mind you, this didn't bother me much at all when sober, however, the over-analyzing and exaggerated feelings escalated after drinking and I ended up saying things to her I still regret to this day.

Anyway, she told me it was over the next day and, although I passed her on the street once, we haven't spoken to each other since.

It's true the physical part can and may escalate to violence if his drinking continued. Right now he's reacting to losing you by going to AA, I did that too. I wasn't doing it for me so sobriety probably wouldn't have lasted very long. Honestly, I'd give it a couple months to see if he is serious with quitting and remember he has to do it for himself first.

Best wishes