Old 06-14-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
lessgravity

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
First:

I haven’t done any of “Trippey’s” book or its Addictive Voice Recognition Technique here for the last two weeks since daredevil posted “I know all about AVRT. I just don’t follow it.”

I do have knowledge of the last 200 years history of taking the pledge of permanent abstinence. I guess it’s possible to imagine that Rational Recovery has a monopoly on using the pledge (its Big Plan). Well, not so. The name of this forum is NOT just about Rational Recovery.

Second:

If I choose to take a daredevil’s statements at face value, I have every right to do so with my understanding of how people have recovered for centuries.

Stepping back to view recovery over a period that preceeds the modern era and its assumptions about recovery has nothing to do with institutionalized language and doublespeak. There is none of that in my post.

Third:

I hope that someday someone does a study of how often Jack Trimpey’s name is misspelled. I suspect it is more than just not wanting it to pop up in a name search. It would be a hard study to accomplish, but interesting.
Interesting!

Trimpey, Trippey, all the same.

I hope DD doesn't drink either.