Old 06-12-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
You make it sound like you're a passenger, the train is delayed and it's beyond my control. But you are the only person who sets the timetable, so you get to decide what longer is, or what you'd really like.

It sounds like you want to continue this drinking/stopping for a bit/drinking cycle, and that's your choice. One of three things will result. You may be able to keep this up indefinitely without major negative consequences, and some people manage to do that. You may eventually decide to quit entirely, before or after you start accumulating major negative consequences. Or you may spiral all the way down the hole and die like so many have done before you. But you get to make the decisions.
So I've hesitated to get back into this conversation....and after realizing I had at least a smidge of ego and judgment in my posts to you, I have a couple things to add/ask from a sincere place of curiosity: (from several people just commenting and from you DD)

"Game over" to me is to die sober. Nothing short. I'd be in this third category above that JeffreyAK points out if I don't stay sober- and fast.

Here's curiosity: how long do you envision this path to abstinence that you are taking ending in that result?

Also, so much of what you say is from the intellectual/rational/academic even POV - what about the more emotional? Things like how does it make you FEEL to think of craving oblivion as a good thing (I'm with Dee on this one- boy did I spend a lot of time doing exactly that)?

And I forget- have you shared things about your relationships and interactions with folks in your life? Are they "good"? Good enough?

Just some $0.02 and such this morning after my early AA mtg.