Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Herbie1991

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome to SR Herbie. I started drinking about the same time you did, but I kept going until I was in my early 40s - so I think it's fantastic that you are seeking help at such a young age. I truly wish I could have done so myself!

Almost all of us have been in a somewhat similar situation in that we were drinking more than we planned and that it was causing us problems. Exactly how much, what kind of alcohol or how often you drink is not really all that important. What is important is that you realize that it's a problem and that you are seeking help to quit and stay quit. As far as damage goes, our bodies are pretty resilient - but if you have concerns getting a checkup from your doctor is not a bad Idea. I did after I quit and while I had some issues none of them were life threatening and almost all have improved or gone away over time.

You have made a great choice and you'll find a lot of support and understanding here, hope you can stick around for a bit!
Thank you very much yes I’m going to get tested in a couple of months. I feel SO much better not drinking last night xxx