View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Longlady

Today is day one.

Hi,

I'm making a declaration that today is day one.

I'm making this post as I need to tell someone that understands and I need to write it down so I can refer back to this post in the coming weeks, months, years when I have the urges or forget how much I hate the hangovers..

There's no big story behind my drinking, I've got in bad habit over the past twenty years of necking a bottle of wine and other drinks 2-3 times a week then feeling like crap the next day and forget what happened the previous evening. I get bored so drink, I also use it as a reward in the evening for having a busy day and to unwind but it's having the opposite effect nowadays. Over the past six months I've been definitely drinking too much for no particular reason other than I can as I've not got anything to do the next day so it doesn't matter if I'm hanging but I've got kids and it's not on, I need to grow up. I've always liked to drink and have quit in the past for months at a time but then just slip back in. Husband makes comments sometimes but I laugh it off and tell him not to be boring but inside I'm cringing and know he's right.

I've been reading this forum for months and it's helped me understand that there's all types of drinkers and I really relate to a lot of posts on here. Especially the "alcoholic voice" telling me nah, have a drink it'll be fine. That little voice needs to shush! So now I feel armed, I chose a date to stop which is today.