View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:06 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
Most things that I say I want to do are still just kind of like fantasies. I would love to do them but lack the energy and drive to actually do them.
Yeah I know that situation well. I've pretty much overcome all that but I know exactly what you mean.

You think - well i'll this and that and clean this and fix that and sort that out and then a day goes by and none of those things are fixed and sorted.

Action, the solution is action. That is what you are doing too, which is great. A few weeks ago you were not eating at all really, had no energy, drinking, feeling horrible.

Look at you now. You took the thoughts of - "I should" and you put them in to action, you have the result. Small steps lead to these great things.

I find it helpful when you think - "but" or "if" - like, i'll get rid of those wine cases/bottles. "If" I cut them down they will take less room. "But" I cant just be filling up garbage bags needlessly (I don't know if you recycle bottles there or not, we do here as in there is a deposit we pay for each bottle and get it back when we return them).

What i'm saying is, try not to make things harder for yourself. You have enough on your plate as it is. We all want to do things right but sometimes pretty ok is good enough. Throwing out those cases and/or bottle as-is - is good enough right now.

Oh and please don't use bleach in the bath/shower. Especially when using other cleaning products. It's terrible stuff to mix with anything else and bad enough on its own. I hope that doesn't sound preachy or bossy but this is something I have experience with and I now never, never use bleach in a shower/bath.