Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Herbie1991

New here

Hiya, I’m new here. Just a bit of background info I am 25 years old and have been drinking since I was 15. When I was 15 I would literally have a drink at the weekends and that would be it, and by drink I mean like a WKD. When I was 17 I would have a bottle of wine on a weekend night. Then when I hit 18 and met my boyfriend at the time I started to drink a bottle of wine a night, then it got to a bottle and a half a night which I did for a couple of years but there were times where I’d only drink at weekends. Anyway that relationship failed and I ended up with my current partner (who is amazing) and I’ve recently had a little boy. A year before I fell pregnant I was only drinking on weekends and then when I actually got pregnant I stayed sober the whole way through. He is now 4 months old and since he’s been born I’ve been having a couple of bottles of wine a night I suppose I thought I was making up for lost time! Silly!!!! I am now going to stop again but I am petrified I’ve done lasting damage? Could I have after 6 and a half years of on off drinking? It is it quite rare!! I keep thinking I’m not going to see my baby grow up and I love him so much. The reason I have drank in the past and now is to help me sleep as I suffer terribly with anxiety and am on antidepressants for it and have been since I was 17. I worry if I don’t sleep I’ll not be able to look after my son properly which is ironic as I don’t know what. Makes me think being drunk in the evenings is any better than being tired. Just wanted to know if there was anyone in a similar situation to me? Dependant on alcohol to reduce anxiety and help aid sleep. Also how much were people drinking on here and for how long? With no lasting Ill effects? I’m petrified I’ve damaged myself so bad