Old 06-10-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
jjwinters

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Can you see how you have set yourself up as her Corrections Officer and Counselor? You're really in way over your head with Addictions Counselor; that's a specialized field, and even then with all the training, the outcome is very rarely sobriety. I've tried to play counselor. I was in way over my head, and it ended in a lost two years of my life. Never again.
Absolutely. That's what I plan on addressing with her next. She needs to see a counselor or therapist in order for this to continue. She needs to be responsible more managing her own daily life and personal issues. Relationships become a nightmare when you feel like you're all of a sudden babysitting your partner. It's like they can't do anything on their own, without your opinion, help, action etc. It's emotionally, physically, and time consuming. And when I do have free time, I'm absolutely exhausted from tending to her.

We can all do nice things for each other in a relationship to help out. It becomes a very different thing when it's a requirement and they're completely co-dependant.