View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eauchiche

Originally Posted by fish101010 View Post
here in the uk the student finance system forces certain people to be dependent on their parents, without them I would need to annually raise maybe 8000 pounds on top of university studies. I also dont want to walk out on the rest of my family
Dear Fish
SO sorry for what brings you here. You have been forced into adulthood very early and quickly. This could prove to be advantageous to you in life.

As for walking out on your family, the vision that comes to mind is of a cruise ship that has sustained severe damage and is going to sink. You have a choice of getting into one of the lifeboats, or staying on the ship in hopes that the cruise will continue. In my personal experience, the addict family is a sick system that each member has to leave one by one if they want to heal.

As for raising the money you need, have an open mind and open eyes. There are jobs that would be compatible with your studies. I even know a friend who had a position especially created for him so he could get advanced degrees that he is using now for those who helped him.

Keep coming back here. I hope we can be a support for you!