Old 06-09-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lizajane

Al anon helped me tremendously with my husband when his alcoholism really progressed. An active alcoholic is NOT able to have a healthy relationship. It really is impossible. You are not married and have no children. Reading my words here probably will not convince you, but attending some meetings will help you understand why it is impossible for her to have the relationship with you that you want. She will actually have less chance of accepting she has a problem if you remain in the picture. Leaving her is more helpful than staying in this relationship. Whether you know it or not, you are enabling her to be an alcoholic each time you help her to bed, get her safely home, help her do things because she is tired...she needs to face the consequences of her drinking. One of those consequences is not having you as her boyfriend because she is not being a lovable and dependable partner invested in growing a relationship. No matter how much she wants that, she won't succeed until she gets her drinking under control.