Old 06-05-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

It doesn’t seem like the effects of kindling diminish after even protracted abstinence , and not experiment I’d sign up for , yeah?

Welcome aboard , lots of happy common teetotalers around these parts , even if we came to it later in life , and I’ll assure you phormer drunks , aka born again nondrinkers, teetotalers regret only the time it took to get to where you are now.
So congratulations on your early decision , I sincerely wish I’d have the presence of mind and intestinal fortitude to have given up drinking earlier in my ‘career’, so again congratulations .
I also don’t think it will be too long until you realize how small , very small, drinking to excess as a cultural feature really is. The world is much larger and filled with life and living that has practically nothing to with alcohol involvement.

I found the ideas from RR/AVRT to really resonate with me and quitting. There are great threads on these ideas here on SR , check out the Secular Connections forum and the other sub forums in that area of the boards.

Wish you well and hope to see you around