Old 06-03-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
JeffreyAK

Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
I’d also like to know what people think, especially those people who say they’d never drink, no matter what, if some calamity occurred.
Why would a calamity be any different from a lazy Sunday afternoon? The results would be the same: My situation gets far worse that it was before I drank, not better in any way. I would now have two problems - my original calamity, which won't just go away, plus a new one, a fresh re-invigorated drinking problem. I would trade one problem for two, and the second one would quickly turn horrible.

I don't believe in beasts or voices or anything, to me I'm just me - and that me knows perfectly well and with total certainty that absolutely nothing good would come from me drinking alcohol under any circumstances. I know this from long past experience, and it's kinda like knowing that the sun will rise tomorrow morning - it just is, without any doubts. And once I understood this, years ago, I found that my desire to drink faded, and is now gone. Sure, random thoughts may pass by, but even that has become very rare, and I'll go a couple years before I find myself wandering to "wouldn't that taste good...." and then passing the thought along it's way without acting or taking it seriously in any way.