View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by mamabear26 View Post
I've been contemplating moving 30 mins away where some of my cousins live. I feel like me and my boys need a fresh start and to get away from my X and all his antics.
I think this deserves serious consideration and might just be the thing you need.

You will be far enough away that you won't be running in to either of them and he might not be so inclined to visit.

Personally I don't think there should be any walks in the park with the 4 of you, he shouldn't get to play family while taking so little responsibility (I know you already know this).

It stops him from having any consequences for his actions. Now, you don't need to punish him, of course, there is just something very wrong with this dynamic, for him he is enabled to drink and do whatever he wants at Mom and Dad's house while keeping his family partially intact and having a nighttime visitor.

For this visit he is drunk and has to be picked up and then his nighttime visitor drives by and stares at you all (that's weird) and now he wants to go on holiday with you.

I have no doubt he probably loves you but, for now, while an active alcoholic his actions are so self-centered it's just horrible.

The problem with not having supervised visits, I really recommend you seek out another lawyer, as annoying as that is. The only way this is going to get straightened out is in a court room.

I hope you do it for your peace of mind.