View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
mamabear26

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
mama.....I got the same feeling that he was using the children to get close to you....
Booty call is not the same thing as quality companionship....I think he is using her for his needs....and, she is probably a lost soul, at base line....

Alcoholism seems to feed selfishness.....
It is one thing to "love" someone...but, having the capacity to live up to the responsibilities of a relationship with a partner/children/friends requires what they don't have....
There are times when he states things like "we have been done." I'm thinking duh I know that I'm the one who filed for divorce. There are times when he is asking me if I would like something from the store or asking me how I've been doing. This other woman does have her own home with her kids but it seems like she is always at his parents house instead of him visiting her at her house (strange). My guess is that he doesn't want to be around her kids (red flag) for her. She stated to me this has been going on for 6-7 months. My mom believes that its convenient for him because he can stay home and drink and she will come to him. She has not been around my kids at all. I just wish he would leave me and the kids alone and go off to do whatever he pleases without taking us down. But I know that'll probably never happen. Lately I've been spending a lot of time in a near by city about 30 mins away from where I live with some cousins. I don't want to live in my town anymore. I feel a high amount of anxiety and stress. I feel like I have to constantly protect my kids from seeing anything that there dad is doing. I live in a small town so even driving around town we have seen him buying beer at gas stations. I try to avoid the area where his mom lives so my kids don't have to see that woman coming and going from his parents house. Since my parents home is so close to his parents home I've even started taking a different route to my parents house so we can avoid seeing anything. I'm tired. I've been contemplating moving 30 mins away where some of my cousins live. I feel like me and my boys need a fresh start and to get away from my X and all his antics.