Old 05-31-2018, 01:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
August252015

So here's my last contribution so I don't seem argumentative as you seem to enjoy being, with essentially an insult to everyone's contribution.

Here are the things I do for my recovery, as I have shared MANY times here on SR:
AA - my sweet spot right now is 4-6 meetings a week.
A study and devotional routine that I do every morning- 5 things I spend about an hour on
Carefully choosing with and to whom I give my time, attention and love
Service to others- I run a recovery group for the restaurant industry
I also have two sponsees right now
I nap often, I do yoga 4-6 x a week and right now PT for a back injury - which circles around to meds: I am NOT taking any painkillers for my back bc my ortho, psych and I agreed that's not a good idea based on my honesty about being inclined to take pills in that vein more often than rx

So getting to drugs, happy to share as I usually do what I took and take now, if you're interested but it would be repeating myself. None now directly relate to drinking as they first did in my early sobriety - they all speak to emotional balance and the mental health issues that are very real in my life, and can be addressed exactly BC I am sober.

I am grateful that these drugs exist for people like me. They are merely supplements to my surrender to this beautiful life in recovery that I have now.

I tend to my beautiful family - my husband and 16 year old step daughter.

There are about a million other things I do to live my best life.

Best to you for choosing and living your best life.