Old 05-30-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

What do you guys think about this whole thing.

Welcome to SR. Well personally I'd have and did kick him to the kerb. My exa and also drug addicted husband found excuse after excuse to carry on with prescription pain killers long after he ever needed them. He was also a womaniser and had affairs which he swore down would never happen again but they did. I can see so many instances in your post of his quacking and lies.

He started to slam doors, scream at me and the kids, and destroyed our window blinds and dresser. He said, "if you dare the call the cops, I will ******* kill them". He also quit his job because he was so angry at me for attacking his medicine.

Not all addicts cheat. Not all addicts are abusive. He did that cos it is who he is. If he is sober you will just have a cheating abusive sober person. He quit his job cos he wanted too. He used you as an excuse.

But then, i simply don't have the courage to walk away.

I get that but you are what 35? You have a whole life ahead of you. My advice would be to read the stickies at the top of the forum to learn about addiction and your part in it, how it effects children being raised with it, work on yourself and get stronger so you can plan what you want from life. Nothing has to be done quickly.