Old 05-28-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Step one identifies the problem, well canvassed above. Step two, the solution. The big book couldn't be simpler on this topic. "Do I now believe or am I even willing to believe in a power greater than myself. As soon as a erosion can answer in the affirmative we emphatically assure them they are on their way"

Summarised in the abcs, the three ideas, that we are powerless over alcohol and our lives have become unmanageable, that probably no human power can relieve our alcholism, and that God could and woul if he were sought. " Being convinced, we were at step three". Are you convinced? This may be a couple of hours work ( and a lifetimes drinking) with a sponsor to reach this point.

Step three invites us to consider why we should appoint a new manager, then it becomes a decision which we put into effect by taking the rest of the steps. The only proof that step three is done is when we commence working through the rest of the steps. The book tells us it is all inclined to come undone if we waste time hanging around step three.

Also, it doesn't tell us that we must have a God of our understanding at this early point. That comes later. In fact I think it says something about the power being something impossible for us to understand or fully comprehend at this stage.