Old 05-28-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
dont think i could add much to what grungehead said. to recover from the hopless state of mind and body, to recover we have to work ALL of the steps, then practice the principles in all of our affairs.

in short, my advise is dont stay in step one and 2. the 2 step boogie will get ya drunk every time.
Around here, I've heard it called the step 3 boogie, where you keep from moving on into 4. Either way, progress is critical; there's not one set speed to do it at but it has to keep going if you want to develop a vibrant program.

One other note- I got my first sponsor at 97 days. I had "done" 1-3 on my own, but we did them again, and read those first 164pg of the BB that most folks I know who sponsor do use as a starting point for work with the sponsee. As I was ready to do 4 and did use her assistance and instructions for it (I also used one set of worksheets you can find online) I realized I was not comfortable doing 4 and 5 with her, or forward. I broke up with her and approached a woman I'd been listening to and learning from in my home group and she is still my sponsor at 27+ mo.