View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

Elke, there you are! Was about to loose the hounds to track you down...but I did remember something about a complicated online course having to do with your complicated technical job that's entirely beyond my comprehension, so I was leaving you alone to study. I knew you had to be coming up on two years, being (I believe) the only one of the original Mayflies that kept sober from the start of this thread. Sincere and heartfelt congratulations, my German shepherd friend with the odd husband!

I'm plodding along through my sugar free existence, still dreaming of potato-stuffed pasta, learning to get over my fear of vegetables (oh no, carbs!) and strike some sort of healthy balance in my diet. No cake, but I ate two apples this week, and I didn't need an insulin injection, so I'm leaning a bit toward more veg and occasional fruit, and less bacon and chicken skin and sausage. That old "moderation" concept comes to mind again; not my strong suit!

We skipped Spring and plunged directly into Summer this past week (average temps of 85F / 29.4C) so I've been a sweaty old codger with something new to complain about, just what our village needs! The tourists have descended like a plague of locusts to kick off the season, so I blend right in with the other sweaty locals bitching about the traffic and the long lines at all the stores...gee, I should work for the Chamber of Commerce, I paint such an inviting picture...

They'll all stay off my lawn if they know what's good for 'em!

Arp