View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JoeBlow86

Day 4 of Sobriety

I have been an everyday drinker for the past 5 years. I drink anywhere from 6-12 drinks a day. On the weekends I would drink all day long. The only season I was able to stop drinking is when I began using prescription pills and or heroin. I have always been highly functioning holding down a job and supporting my family but 4 days ago I said I was done. I felt that my health was declining physically mentally and spiritually. I was sh%#*ting blood and my urine was very sweet smelling. I became angry irritated and tired all the time even after drinking. So I decided to cold turkey stop. The first two days were easy. I was instantly happier and healthier feeling. A little restless but that was it. Day 3 and 4 hit and I’m having a hard time. I don’t have a desire to drink but I’m wondering if I need help. My vision has been totally blurred for two days. I can’t focus or concentrate. I woke and tried to go to work today but I was really shaky fell over when I tried to walk and am really panicky paranoid feeling. I know these are symptoms of withdraw but I’ve always had low blood sugar issues which is part of why I liked to drink. I feel like my body took a huge low dip and I’m trying to get it back up. Im fearing maybe I have a serious blood sugar problem As the symptoms for that are similar to those of withdrawal. Anyways I have a doctors appointment today and I’m writing to stay busy and keep my mind active. Hoping this does get better