View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lee1551

Searching for help

My first glimpse of this site was miraculous! When I needed help the most, I sat down at my computer, put out a search on ***** for families of addicted loved ones, and you all were there. Wow. Thank you. I'm the mother of a crack addicted son. He's been addicted for 7 yrs. Many ups and downs. I've been "strong" til last Sat. when I had a complete meltdown. I now know that strong meant holding my feelings in to tight. At my wits end, and because of a lot of beaurocracy at trying to get him back into rehab, I prayed to God (not the first time) to help me. I got on this site and the first thing I saw was........"What addicts do" I can't tell you what that did for me. It says it all! I made a copy and have been showing anyone that will read it. I even faxed a copy to the incompetent court where the judge is a farmer. At my son's request, I asked the court to order him into rehab. He had been voluntary before and would leave. I was very discouraged when the judge was out in the field on his tractor and wouldn't be able to take care of it. Eventually, he did but the whole thing is that so many people "in charge" of addicts are not educated on the subject AT ALL. I've sat month after month in his court room looking around at all the drug and alcohol addicts that need him to do HIS JOB and get them help! He's just a good old guy that doesn't want to make waves. Has anyone else experienced this? My son is in rehab as I speak, but it took so long, he had disappeared, jumped in front of a car, and by all means been dead before he got help. I'm ready to get on my soap box about this. Any advice? Thank you