View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Leelee168 View Post
Amy, this sounds kind of familiar to me, too. In one of his rages last year, he told me that none of "our" friends liked me and they only put up with me because of him. I took that to heart, even though one of them said that it wasn't true. I had traveled with one of the women in our group, several times, for girls' weekends away and she kept wanting to go back again. It was so confusing.
It's interesting (in a bad way) how abuse works like that. Who else would say something so mean to you? It's a strange position. You are with someone that you care about, perhaps love or loved at one point and trusted and they say something so awful.

Whether that is something about the way you look, talk, walk or whether other people like you.

Now can you imagine a good friend saying that to you, say your best friend? No. Well if they did it would be so out of character your jaw would drop. With an abusive person it's so hurtful and yet it's coming from someone you had or have feelings for.

Point being, why would you believe anything he says. I know it's hard to kind of separate that stuff but believe in yourself and what you know. Your example of always being invited out for the girls weekend is a FACT. The other stuff is just him trying to hurt your feelings.

You seem like a nice person! Please know what you know and don't let his petty remarks play in your head.