View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Good evening gang.
Just popping by for a natter (Okay a pathetic moan).
Day 9 of no contact and I'm going slightly crazy wondering what's going on. Not the behaviour of 2 40 somethings and it's just getting me down. This can't go on forever unless he wants his belongings on a bonfire (tempting at times!). Okay I admit it I'm a bit lonely, upset and afraid. Friends say "take his stuff back to him and then it's done" but then I'll have to face it's really over. For all his faults he supported me through this crazy journey. My so-called strategy for now is to nothing. Give it time. See what happens.
If only I had decision-maling skills. I have none. Oh well - fresh day tomorrow.
That aside the girls and I are getting along fine. Hannah revising away and Melly reading before bed. They are what matters most. I think I'm doing a pretty good job at keeping all of the plates spinning. A little reflect at bedtime is only to be expected Yes?
I have been quite moved by the struggles of others on this site today. Sometime it's easy to get bogged down in the day to day and forget quite how far we've come.
Putting down the drink was possibly the hardest yet most wonderful thing I've ever done. Of course recent events have tested me but I simply cannot allow that poison back in my life. It whispers it's lies now and again but no. That's be the beginning of the end for me.
Ben I hope you come back soon for your day 1. Of course pop by any time I know how isolating it can be when you feel like you can't get out of the pit
Night night all ❤❤❤