View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
mamabear26

Originally Posted by Gm0824 View Post
Hi mamabear, you've received some wise words already. I also started seeing someone whom I went to school with after my divorce from xah was final. Pretty casual for a really long time, we would talk on the phone and text here and there. The first time he invited me to supper he invited "us" (me and 2 dd's) I said I would love to go but would find a sitter for the kiddo's and then explained as we got to know each other I would like to leave the kids out of it until we knew each other better. He doesn't push the issue and we still don't do foursome things with the kids. It has been a long, slow and FUN process getting to know each other! Use your intuition and trust your gut. Communication, trust and honesty are huge. Trying to be in a relationship after what most of us have been through is like pouring miracle grow on my own issues. One thing, and just my two cents, I can see asking a person close to him about him but at some point you have to trust yourself if he is a person you can trust or not. I have been known to dust off my detective cap here and there and I try to remind myself that "normal" people probably don't know how to check arrest records, legal documents, social media history, etc. and just go straight to the source .... helped me to set the tone of trust and boundaries in my relationship with the new guy and most importantly for myself. Thinking the best for you as you navigate your path.
Gm0824, Thank you for your wise and kind words. I don't trust people easily. So this will be a process for me. He does ask about my kids and how are they doing. I appreciate that. I told him I want to leave them out of it until we figure out if this is going to be something serious and AFTER my divorce is final. He agreed. Thank you again for your positivity!