View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Good morning Mayflies!
I think the tide is turning in my crazy mixed up head. Yesterday was a great day for many reasons:
Took Melly and her friend for a swim. They went on all the massive slides and had a lot of fun.
Stepped up for Hannah. She was pretty unwell yesterday. I did what I could both in terms of revision and general tlc.
Got all of the washing sorted and out away, planted some plants and mowed the back lawn.
Told my sister about the break-up. At least I'm not carrying it all alone now.
I'd say that was all pretty good!
Just getting my work out of the way this morning so that I can potter in the front garden and take the rubbish to the tip. A food shop might help too!
I know that balance is key but I really do need to kick start some independence and pride back into my home. It helps to quell the fear.....
Sorry to bore you all with my domestic ramblings but it helps to record my mini-achievements.
I am on pins right now as Hannah will be in the middle of her first exam. We've got 5 weeks of this!!!!
I know without a shadow of a doubt that the most important thing for me to do is to stay sober. I can't deny that the pull has been strong this last week but then when I was calling our NHS helpline last night to check what painkillers Hannah could have and not harm her kidneys it all just seemed so obvious. No matter what stuff I've got going on I am no use to my girls drunk. I am no use to me drunk either!
The sun is shining again so I think I'll take my coffee outside for a little break.
Lots of love to you all