View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cosima11

Thanks Frickaflip! Yeah almost 7 months, the shrooms was with him.. Bad decision on my part but it's not like he forced me into it. He totally gets that I can't drink and that won't be happening again either, lol. I feel relatively ok about where things are with him now but there's really no talk about the future or the past, so I'm not sure. I haven't asked if he can move past it out of fear of being too "pushy". I'm not really groveling per say but I am putting myself in a position I probably wouldn't with anyone else.. out of guilt. So yes I feel something needs to change there.

I have gone to meetings but never found one where I clicked with the people.. Maybe I wasn't going to the right ones but the crowd was generally older. The thought did actually occur to me that I could use AA as a way to meet potential clients but thought that might be pretty.. unethical. Before I quit drinking I worked with a girl who is in AA and over 2 years sober now so I've thought about reaching out to her just to have someone to talk to.

Networking- yes that will be super essential if I'm going to move forward with this. I've been wanting to go to real estate investing meetups because a. ultimately I want to invest, and b. that's another way of meeting people who are actively buying and selling. There will definitely be events and circumstances that involve drinking (there was drinking in the office on the last day of training) and I didn't feel "ready" to face that in the beginning. But things are getting stagnant in my current routine and I'm definitely ready for change at this point.