View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hi Cosima

Yeah, I agree with ProfD, pretty normal stuff.

1. The guy. Well if a second chance is what you wanted then its great you're getting that opportunity. But protect yourself and your recovery. You're about 6 monthish....less the shrooms Lol? So you're just figuring things out right now. If 'things' with the guy aren't really going in the direction you feel you need, don't let that happen because you feel bad about nuking the relationship with your drinking. I mean, do you think he can move past it? Have you asked him? Just be careful.

2. Alone. Have you tried AA? If for no other reason than to meet other people in recovery? There are also meetups and I know for sure people use those as networking for real estate. I know because of the disproportionate number of realtors I met when I used to attend. Some of them involve drinking so ya probably want to opt out of those.

3. Real Estate. I tried that too. While drinking wasn't the reason I struggled with it, I was new to the area, knew no one and just wasn't willing to do what it would have taken to make a go of it. Oh and that pesky great recession happened 6 months after I got my licence. So there's that! Right now is a good time to be in real estate. Network network network. Join business associations, professional groups, entrepreneur groups, toast masters, soroptimist society. Meetups again has more of that.

Hang in there. Stay sober. You're really so young. You're not behind. You're right where you should be!