Thread: 27 Weeks
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

27 Weeks

As I sit here on my 28th Monday sober, I think of how far I have come and how much further I can go.

Nothing really profound to say, tools are out there, everyone finds their own path and fortunately we live in a digital age, where answers are only a couple taps on a screen away.

I did pretty much everything you shouldn't do in early recovery, we sold our previous farm, bought a home and adjoining property where we are building a barn. I travelled, went to dinners and dances, am in the process of restructuring a company. Dealt with the loss of my husband's father, including a month of no income for Dh and flights for 5 of us back and forth, following the accident.

So i am sitting here waiting for the building inspector... he will probably be late, I cancelled on him last week. In my mind now, it is amusing, it is his game to play not mine. previously I would stew over it and imagine my inconvenience, but a quiet day home after a whirlwind 4 months is nice. Nicer still that it is imposed because when I look at the week, swimming, dance, I coach soccer Thursday, have my own ball practice Sunday and need to fit in time for a 6hr round trip to pick up a new harness, for a driving team, (horses) I acquired last year and start training them as a team.

Think I will grab another coffee, either sit in the house and listen to the ticking of the cuckoo clock or sit out and watch the lake, listening to the loons, and then grab a rake and start at the gardens. Thanks to everyone on this journey with me!