Notices

27 Weeks

Old 04-30-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

27 Weeks

As I sit here on my 28th Monday sober, I think of how far I have come and how much further I can go.

Nothing really profound to say, tools are out there, everyone finds their own path and fortunately we live in a digital age, where answers are only a couple taps on a screen away.

I did pretty much everything you shouldn't do in early recovery, we sold our previous farm, bought a home and adjoining property where we are building a barn. I travelled, went to dinners and dances, am in the process of restructuring a company. Dealt with the loss of my husband's father, including a month of no income for Dh and flights for 5 of us back and forth, following the accident.

So i am sitting here waiting for the building inspector... he will probably be late, I cancelled on him last week. In my mind now, it is amusing, it is his game to play not mine. previously I would stew over it and imagine my inconvenience, but a quiet day home after a whirlwind 4 months is nice. Nicer still that it is imposed because when I look at the week, swimming, dance, I coach soccer Thursday, have my own ball practice Sunday and need to fit in time for a 6hr round trip to pick up a new harness, for a driving team, (horses) I acquired last year and start training them as a team.

Think I will grab another coffee, either sit in the house and listen to the ticking of the cuckoo clock or sit out and watch the lake, listening to the loons, and then grab a rake and start at the gardens. Thanks to everyone on this journey with me!
Old 04-30-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Great post!
Old 04-30-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This post truly made my day.

Congrats on that sober time and congrats just as much on dealing with life as it came. I am not drinking ever again and I have a crazy year ahead myself.

Here's to being able to take it on sober.

Thank you again.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That’s great MLh👍
Old 04-30-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 04-30-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

MLH, I know you've had a busy 28 weeks and it's great that you have gotten through all of that without drinking.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am truly happy life was a little rough, because I appreciate getting through it so much more. I was able to be real help to others and myself and I feel I was able to experience major trials so now I appreciate those quiet and still times.

I don't think I could have gotten through those things drinking. Grabbing my kid's to fly 2000kms, keeping their spirits up, being there for Dh and ds, flying back before the funeral to deal with business and life here. The things that happen during closing, potential delays and surprises of several thousand dollars rofl. Accepting it, doing it and moving on. I can't imagine doing anything now, without full sobriety.

It is truly a blessing. You see things with new eyes, you appreciate them more. Sobriety is a gift for those of us who let our eyes be clouded by addiction, who existed on auto pilot doing and feeling as little as possible. I have a very blessed life, I sincerely appreciate it because I am sober.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations and I totally get what you say about the autopilot that gets switched on when you’re drinking. I was incredibly busy during the last years of my drinking with family and retraining and all the other stuff that’s part and parcel of anyone’s life (my husband was mostly on the road and we clocked up a couple of international moves during that time also), but it’s like I did the whole thing under water because alcohol had dragged me deep, deep down! I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have come to, so to speak.

Thank you for posting this morning. It’s made me re-count my own many blessings. Have a wonderful day and keep doing what you’re doing. Sending many warm wishes to you.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very nice MLH! Day 10 today for me. I've grown more in 3 months than I have in the past 30 years. Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Old 04-30-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Way to go horsie, great post.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
. Sobriety is a gift for those of us who let our eyes be clouded by addiction, who existed on auto pilot doing and feeling as little as possible. I have a very blessed life, I sincerely appreciate it because I am sober.
Very good attitudes sense of self...thx for the great posts