Old 04-29-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
DreamCatcher17

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Dear DC. I can't wait to start from the beginning and read all your story and posts! Am just giving my daughter 5 mins on the ipad (oops naughty mummy!) so I can have a quick browse and need to get her to bed so not much time now to read and post.

You sound like you are doing fantastic. Well done for staying sober and going to meetings and doing what you need to do for a better life for you and your son.
As I read your post what you said about being fearful of losing weight and going back to how you were before really resonated with me. Day 8 today for me and am taking things easy but I too gained a lot of weight with my child which was awful and I couldn't get it off because of my drinking and the **** I ate when hungover. Today I thought I really need to get thos weight off and then I had a really scary thought of when I am slim going back to how I used to be and back to drinking! I am in AA too and I think the answer is we really do need to keep ourselves in the 'today'.

I am sorry your ex is behaving like he is. I am also a member of Women for Sobriety and I remember reading something the founder Jean Fitzpatrick wrote about how when we get sober we expect everyone around us to be happy about it but that it is not always like that and it may take a long time to have sone acceptance. Sorry, i can't remember exactly, it may be worth googling or going on to their website to have a look.

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing, I really admire you and can't wait to read more about you and hear more about your progress.

Suzy x x

8 days, so fantastic!!! Being sober is going to flourish your relationship with your little in so many ways!!

Thank you for the kind words and yes please feel free to read the journey!!!

This isn't my first go at sobriety with my ex, we've been together 11 years. He would support and then enable (very good at this one). He would tell me I'm not an alcoholic, I just need to learn to control it and have some self respect.
Well, I am controlling it and having more self respect by not drinking.
He lost a drinking friend and apart of me that would be so open with booze.

Oh well, I'm glad it's over. Now 99.9 % of people who were around while I was using are gone and it's such a blessing!

Have a lovely day!