Old 11-20-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
So that would mean it's only immoral for addicts to drink, not people who have two and call it quits for the night.
I would say that it is immoral for all problem drinkers, addicted or not, to indulge, but no, I do not consider it immoral for your average drinker who causes no problems to others to drink. Self-intoxication is an individual liberty in my book, and if you are willing to accept the consequences, so long as you are not a menace to society, have at it. Not my business.

Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
Maybe it's the abuse of the substance that makes it wrong and not the actual drinking of alcohol; since people who aren't addicted to alcohol don't have any problems resulting from their drinking.
The AV will certainly try and convince you that there is nothing wrong with drinking, nothing wrong at all, so long as nobody gets hurt. However, if you know from previous experience that there is a very high probability that any drinking will lead to problems, and that you may hurt yourself or others if you do drink, does that not make the actual drinking, in and of itself, wrong?