Old 01-24-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
brynn
...holds the key

Thanks for the replies, y'all!

I just want to make it clear that I don't care what recovery method people use to get sober, that's a personal choice just like Jaynie said earlier.

But it does bring up a side issue. It seems people are reluctant to accept a recovery method that is too 'simple'. And like zen said, people seem to be looking outside themselves for this recovery 'miracle' to happen.

Of course, the 'addiction' industry was built on 'looking outside yourself' methodology...just look at the weight loss industry! It's all about 'programs'. I could go on and on about this but I won't.

Jazz...I absolutely loved that post, as you know! You did an awesome job getting to the heart of what gets us sober! And I so hear you about being held back from sobriety early on. It's heartbreaking actually. I got forced into the mainstream recovery system several years ago (literally had no choice in the matter) and couldn't believe that THAT was the way to get and maintain sobriety! I never heard one person say 'the key to staying sober is to not drink!' Like I said, maybe it was that particular group...they were a glum bunch!

And SD...i thought relapse was part of the process, too! So glad when I realized that was a lie!