Old 01-24-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
brynn
...holds the key

So, I've decided to let the above mentioned frustration go, at least for now.

However...I've got another little frustration that I would love input on, but before I get into that I just want to say thanks MM and Jaynie and everyone else in this forum for your little nuggets of wisdom!
And Jaynie, yeah, I quickly realized there was nothing wrong with me just because I don't drink koolaid!

Ok, so I'm getting really frustrated with myself because my thinking seems to becoming really black and white. And in some ways that's amazing because it keeps me sober! I DO NOT DRINK! Pretty straightforward...no gray whatsoever.
But in relating to other people struggling with addiction, I'm finding it hard to balance the straightforwardness of 'not drinking to stay sober' with all the other 'stuff' your supposed to say to be supportive! I'm a helper by nature and I love people and empathize greatly with all sorts of folks, but I'm finding it hard not to say to people who go on and on about how they just don't know how to stop drinking 'STOP POURING BOOZE DOWN YOUR THROAT!'
And that's totally not me...or at least didn't think it was! Blah!
Have y'all experienced this at all?
Not even sure I'm explaining this correctly and hope it's not off topic. To me AVRT is very black and white, it's what makes it so darn simple.