Old 01-24-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Brynn ~

I'd advise that you say what you gotta say. Post it here. FWIW.

I learned many Decades ago to discuss 'Principles - not Personalities'. Stick with that, and keep it non-personal. Not that you wouldn't do that anyway. I've seen Posts removed, and it's because People lose it, and go off on others they don't agree with. That's their Personal Maturity problem.

What I've seen happen repeatedly is this. Someone dares to take on Recovery orthodoxy. Other Folks get their Panties in a wad, and report en masse a Post they don't 'like'. I.e., it doesn't support their World View. I find it rather bizarre that an anonymous Poster somehow 'threatens' them. But, Forums work that way. To keep the peace, the Post then gets locked down. It has nothing to do with the veracity of the Post POV. It appears to me, anyway, to be all about keeping the peace here. No criticism intended. This is simply Forum pragmatism at work. There's a lot of Threads here.

I don't use the 'Ignore' feature. I don't use 'Report'. I Moderate on a few other non-Alcohol Pages, and they're one heckofalot rougher than anything going down here.

You've got some interest tweaked here, so Post away! This is too valuable a Thread to lock down, so start another Thread with your desired Topic, if you like. Alternately, a Mod here can move the Posts as they accumulate if argumentative or thin-skinned types 'parachute in' to here just to start a ruckus. It happens. I just roll with it, and call them out when their motive of turning a legitimate Topic into 'The Jerry Springer Show' becomes transparent.

I don't think that any Veteran here can outguess in advance if this Crowd Dynamic will occur with your Topic.

-----