Old 01-23-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Onward is right!

And it does take courage, it's not easy to take a hard look at where one is going wrong in life and change. I spent way too many years knowing I was drinking in an unhealthy way and for the wrong reasons but I wasn't ready to change. I didn't believe in myself. I was afraid of what I would be giving up, the escape, the social aspect, the "party" girl image, being able to be irresponsible. But the consequences just kept getting higher and higher. I stopped liking myself and the way I was acting.... My mind was always at war with itself to quit only to find myself drunk again! It was exhausting.

Now I feel excited! There is a whole new adventure for me. And with AVRT my mind is finally, for the first time in YEARS at peace. I'm still riding that wave I'm not sure what all my plans for the future are. I'm fortunate that my life is stable and blessed despite my being a lush for so long so I don't have a big mess to clean up. I'm sure that I will get to a place where sobriety and peace of mind won't be enough to satisfy me but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them with a clear, focused mind.