Old 06-27-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Longer Intervals

I had a really vivid Dream earlier this week about Drinking. Part of it was some aspect, now fuzzy in recollection, that involved the 'sneaking around' part I got adept at. Or, so I used to believe. That clandestine effort in this rare Dream was, I'm pleased to say, stupidly way too much work.

When I woke up, I was pretty weirded out. It took me a few minutes to come down from the intensity of that Dream. Mainly, I was thinking 'WTH was that all about'? AV, I know, but not even an AV episode I felt at all like caving in to. The old 'AV Surf' passing. All Liquor Stores were safe from my patronage that day.

The upside was that I disconnected from that Dream event fairly easily. I was kinda shocked that it even happened because, in my waking hours, such behavior has been put to rest. I don't now walk around 'struggling' or repressing anything, frankly. So, to revisit that behavior involuntarily was like a Cattle Prod on my Soul. I don't know how else to put it. It was kinda one of those Dreams you want to wake yourself up out of.

I have this optional lil Morning Routine whereby I remember some of the BS I used to engage in; the not-to-be-detailed-here Physical effects; and the many downsides. I don't obsess on this stuff. Maybe I recall this kinda stuff for 2 or 3 minutes. Then, it's up and at 'em sans Hangover. The key word is 'optional'. I don't do this 'recall' Routine every morning because I simply don't need to. I feel like it keeps me on track, and prevents me from getting sloppy and complacent.

I went down and started Coffee. I filed away that sort of Dream as something I can absorb, and dismiss. My Dog was thrilled that I got up.

In the overall scheme of things, no large deal.