View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
earlybird

Originally Posted by maricamp
I'm very sorry about your friend. telling your husband about the scripts was a good move. I hope you won't neglect yourself because your friend is in crisis.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to continue to be a support to anyone else in your life if you are ill yourself. I cannot stress if enough that you need to get help for this before it gets worse. as the addiction takes over more and more of your life it will eat away at your self respect/confidence and eventually you could become powerless to overcome it. also it will take your brain longer to heal and it's possible to do irrrversable damage. I could write a book not only about my husband but also my sis-in-law. Honestly it has gone on so long with her I seriously doubt she will ever be ok again. she is a zombie most of the time and continues to use/abuse viadin and alcohol. she lies to my bro-hides her opiate drugs in ibprofin bottles and takes them right in front of him.

Please for yourself and your husband: get help now. the sooner you do the easier it will be for you.

I hope your friend is ok and getting the help needed. but remember that you can't help others if you aren't well.

please forgive my directness but I'm living with the results of long term opiate pain killer and alcohol use and it ain't fun.

mari
Everyday you let this go, the harder it is going to be on you. I hear about so many people OD'ing on that stuff and dying. Im sure they all would have said to that ..."No,...not me,...I dont take that much" Nobody EVER says ..."Yeah,...I think Im going to take enough to OD" That is, unless they are TRYING to kill themselves.