View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
velma929

doing admin is his weak point... But I feel that if he were in a day job - by now he would have been fired...
Doing admin is what owning a business is all about. There are those of us that stink at it, and function very well in ordinary jobs with someone else in charge.That doesn't mean we don't daydream about being our own bosses, but it does mean we make an honest assessment of our strengths and move forward accordingly.

He wouldn’t sign the business over to me at this current point in time but it’s a good idea that if I keep I afloat it’s still worth selling one day

My boss is going to retire someday. He has hired a woman who will hopefully takeover the business one day. Part of her compensation package is gaining equity in the business as time goes on. I am not privy to the schedule. But. in addition to her pay, she gains an increasing percentage of the business.

This would be reasonable in your case. If your husband can't do administrative work, and can't do physical labor, one would be tempted to ask exactly what he does do.