View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 09:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi again,

I just talked to him and he sounds like he has been brought to his knees. I took none of the feeble excuses or blame he dished out and amazingly he stopped. He told me to tell his boss he was sorry and he told me he was sorry....and didn't expect anything in return. Of course he asked me to bail him out and of course I said no. I was smiling when we hung up. I told him I love him.

We both know he doesn't need jail...he needs treatment. He said he was hanging around people who drink and he can't do that but he needed a place to stay. I mentioned that if he kept up with his meetings he could find help there and he agreed. He said when he left here he quit trying.

I suggested he talk to his public defender about another drug program...but in my heart I know some time in jail may be what he needs. If he slips out of this too easily the lesson won't have the same impact.

I did sleep last night...thanks for all of your concern and I was already scheduled to be off today. I am not even really sad...I honestly see the oppotunity here. I used to fear jail for him but today I see it as tho he is standing in the glaring daylight and he can't hide from it. He has gotten a little closer to the prize each time. This last time was just inches from his grasp.

Cunning, baffling and powerful. The path never strays until total abstinence is achieved. The Beav is not unique.

Hugs,
JT